Until recently, visa for Vietnam has been improved in procedure and less frustration for travelers. Attempts have been made by the Authority to exempt visas to some Scandinavian countries including Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and EU countries including UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Russian Federation for maximum 15 days. Those citizens from Asian countries are Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Brunei, Japan, South Korea, Cambodia and Laos do not need a visa to enter Vietnam but the duration of exempt is diﬀerent (see details on list of visa exemption countries). Arranging the necessary paperwork for a Vietnamese visa has become fairly straight forward. Having a valid visa stamped in your passport prior to your departure is strongly recommended. You can apply from Vietnamese Embassy and Consulate oversea world-wide, however, not all cities you are staying have Vietnam Embassy. In this case, you need to do either via a third country or an inbound tour operator. Vietnam Impressive ltd is able to assist you in the most helpful and eﬀective way of handling. What you need is to decide which forms of visa you would like to have. We provide two kinds of services which are:
Visa for Vietnam, Visa On Arrival (abbreviation as: VOA)
This is fastest and the most convenient way to avoid the expensive and unnecessary time-consuming queuing at Embassies and the like. The entry visa will be stamped locally at the Immigration oﬃce on arrival international airports within Vietnam comprising Hanoi/Noibai, Ho Chi Minh City/Tan Son Nhat and Danang – procedure is rather fast. You need to settle directly the stamp fee in cash (US$25–/person for single entry or US$50–/person for multiple entries, tourist visa) to the Authority at visa application counter or you can pay to your travel agent in case of an extra arrival fast track service – it is always the same. Although, the validity of visa is 29 days, you can easily extend it when you arrive Vietnam. You need to have what is called an Approval Letter from Vietnam Immigration Department to be able to get a stamp at airports. We will do this for you taking within 2 working days then we send you a copy either by email, you hold it to board your ﬂight – stamp procedure will be done when you arrive Vietnam airport.
Visa for Vietnam, Visa Approval Code
This is the second way of obtaining Vietnam visa through our service network. If you live in a city/country which has a Vietnam Embassy or Consulate, then you consider to do this. We will need your personal data in advance to process then we send you again an approval code enables you to get visa stamp into your passport. Stamp fee to pay in cash at Embassy or Consulate which varies.
Service cost of approval letter (Visa On Arrival letter or Visa Approval Code letter)
Cost per person
|Normal* visa processing||Urgent** visa processing|
|1 – 2 pax||3 – 5 pax||6 – 9 pax|
|Single entry||Less than 1 month (29 days)||20||18||16||added 5|
|Less than 3 months||25||23||22||added 5|
|Multiple entries||Less than 1 month (29 days)||25||22||20||added 5|
|Less than 3 months||65||63||61||added 5|
|Less than 6 Months Single or Multiple Entries, on request (please check with us)|
|Visa on arrival 1 Year Multiple Entries – on request|
Visa On Arrival Approval letter is excluded stamp fee to pay in cash at arrival Vietnam airport: 25$,–/single entry or 50$,–/multiple entries of 1-3 months validity or 135$,–/multiple entries of 1 year validity while the stamp fee of Visa Approval Code varies on each Embassy.
*Normal processing: 2-3 working days
**Urgent process: 1 working day (24 hours) or a half working day (12 hours) or even 4 hours
***A supplement may apply for the Indian passport holders
****A supplement is applied if you need a private visa approval letter
Visa requirements and procedure
i- Requirement: the following personal data is needed
1. Your full name (exactly as in your passport) and your title (Mr./Mrs/Mss.)
2. Date of birth (DOB)
3. Place of birth (POB)
5. Passport Number
6. Date of issuance of Passport
7. Date of expiration of Passport
8. Proposed arrival date
9. Flight details/reference
10. Port of arrival – Hanoi/Noi Bai, Ho Chi Minh/Tan Son Nhat or Danang
11. Purpose of your visit (Vacation/Business/Visit family)
12. Type of service (Visa approval code or Visa on arrival)
13. The city in which a Vietnam embassy or consulate is located, where you plan to get the visa (only applicable for visa approval code case) Or simply take a picture of your passport, attach then send us to avoid incorrect typing, please send to: email@example.com/ or firstname.lastname@example.org
ii- Procedure: please do the following steps
b – We receive your form via our system or your email, our dedicated staff working at visa section will advise on the safe receipt of your information and/or payment needed to start processing right away upon your payment. The process time is 2-3 working days for normal visa and 1 day or half a day for urgent case. Super-urgent is 12 hours or 1 hour – cost for this is different case by case.
c – We send you approval letter or code (depends what type of visa you chose). You keep it to board airline or get stamp at Embassy/Consulate.
Final note: Cost and time processing are different from Embassy to Embassy so you are advisable to do in advance of minimum 10 days prior to your trip. Recent passport sized photos (1 piece, 4x6cm) are requested to bring along to do Visa On Arrival.
Vietnam visa is essential, please make sure you have it prior to your departure and,
Have a lovely trip to Vietnam!
Questions and Answers (Q&A) on Vietnam Visa, Visa Vietnam
The followings are questions from customers all over the world asking for visa procedure which we collected and posted here for you for future reference. We continue to update more questions possible to make sure that you, (as travellers) coming to our country, will know exactly what to prepare prior to your trip.
1. Does Vietnam Travel visa start on entry or on date of approval?
The effective date will be on entry date (date give in the approval letter) or simply the date you arrive Vietnam as the approval date may be many days in advance prior to your date of arrival. From the entry date, you can delay your arrival but no longer than the duration of your whole stay approved. You are not normally allowed to enter Vietnam before the date of entry.
2. Is validity of passport important?
Very important as you cannot apply for a Vietnam visa if your passport is expired. However, for some cases, you still can plan yourself that by the date of passport expire, your Vietnam visa (traveling period) is expired as well then you can go back after finishing holiday in Vietnam to extend your passport.
3. How many pictures (photos) exactly do I need to bring and what size?
1 picture (photo), size 4×6 cm
4. What exact procedure do I have to do at arrival airport?
Hand in the approval letter (the one agency gave you in advance), your pictures and pay required visa stamp fee then your passport to be stamped for a valid visa then you exit the airport.
5. Do different passport holders have to pay different price?
Same for all once you are in the list of countries which need Vietnam visa.
6. Visa Vietnam, necessary?
Yes. Please review the list of visa exempt countries. If you are out of them, then of course, you need a Vietnam visa.
7. Queuing time for Vietnam visa at Embassies?
This greatly depends on each Embassy but normally should be a week or more.
8. Vietnam ports of visa on arrival?
Hanoi/Noi Bai airport Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)/Tan Son Nhat airport Danang airport.
9. Vietnam visa urgent or Emergency visa?
This can be the fastest case in one hour, standard urgent processing time is 24 hours. If you suddendly find-out while you are going to board your flight to Asia without having a valid Vietnam visa, the best way is call us: +84 979819575 to see it is ok to proceed or you still can email us: email@example.com, we are nearly 24h online 🙂 so you donot worry that we donot read and reply. Stay online for a while to receive our message and/or instruction when neccessary. There are some rare cases, travelers are standing at the airport without a visa, we can help you and within an hour or so, you are ready to enter Vietnam. The cost will vary based on the level of emergency. Please check with our people. You are advised to go ahead with these costs only when you are fully satisfied. To avoid such a rush, Vietnam Impressive recommends you to check and make sure you have an advanced visa by whatever way (Visa On Arrival or Visa at Embassy) to enter Vietnam.
10. What is visa application form?
This is a form where you should input exactly what required for. The clearer and more exact information you provided, the less trouble you shall have, the less time you have to go back and forth. Its form is here.
11. List of visa exempt countries?
Countries and its citizen do not need Vietnam Visa for tourist purposes in a single time.
(A Free Vietnam Visa list might be extended in the future).
+ Passport must be valid at least 6 months
+ The next entry date must be 30 days from the last departure
Asian Countries (10)
a. Thailand (exempt validity: 30 days)
b. Indonesia (30 days)
c. Singapore (30 days)
d. Malaysia (30 days)
e. The Philippines (21 days)
f. Laos (30 days)
g. Kingdom of Brunei Darussalam (30 days)
h. Japan (15 days)
i. South Korea (15 days)
k. Cambodia (14 days)
European Countries (11) (Applied from 1/1/15 to 31/12/19)
a. Sweden (exempt validity: 15 days)
b. Denmark (15 days)
c. Finland (15 days)
d. Norway (15 days)
e. Russia (15 days)
f. Belarus (30 days – applied from 1/7/15 to 30/6/20)
(Applied from 1/7/17 to 30/6/18)
g. UK (15 days)
h. France (15 days)
i. Italy (15 days)
k. Spain (15 days)
l. Germany (15 days)
South America Country (1) Applied from 11/8/17
Chile (90 days)
Visitors to Phu Quoc Island (15 days)
Arrival at the Vietnam international airport, then fly directly to the Phu Quoc Island
12. What will happen if I do not have a credit card? then is it ok if someone can pay for me on my behalf?
In case, you do not own a credit card, you still can apply visa with your friends or relatives credit card. Alternatively, you can do money transfer by Western Union – this way also saves your bank transaction fee.
13. Do I need a visa for a week?
Answer is definitely YES. Even if you just stay for one minute (!) whenever you exit to the entrance of airport then you must have a valid visa.
14. Do US Flight Crewmembers need visas to stay in Vietnam while they are waiting to operate a flight out of the country?
(Question from Denise Borrelli – Atlas Airs). This will depend. If you just wait hour or some without exiting the airport then you donot but if you go out to stay in a hotel or just walking around then you certainly need it.
15. Visa Vietnam transfer 24h not required?
See answers on question 14th and 15th above.
16. American Traveling to Vietnam can I get a tourist visa at the Vietnam airport?
Yes you can for sure but you still need to arrange paperwork in advance (recommended). A tourist agency can help you with the paper called Letter of Approval then you get visa stamped at airport. This is different from Cambodia where you can have your visa stamped in more or less 30 mins without any advanced document.
17. Should we all need passport when go to Viet Nam?
Of course yes. Without passport, you cannot enter Vietnam definitely.
18. As Canadian citizen can I get entry visa to Vietnam at airport?
Yes, you can. Please see back procedure for getting visa on arrival at airport above.
19. Do I need Vietnam visa, is Australian citizen?
Yes you do need it to enter Vietnam. Please make sure you have it in hand prior to your departure.
20. As a Canadian, do we need visa to enter Vietnam?
Yes you must have visa to enter Vietnam
21. Do US citizens need visas for Vietnam?
Yes you do.
22. Price of same day express visa to Vietnam?
This is what we called ‘Urgent visa service’ which you will get within 24 hour working day. Price of this service is added express service fee in our price mentioned above.
23. Traveling to Vietnam need a passport?
Yes you do need a passport and visa as well except exempted countries.
24. Visa Vietnam Norwegian citizens?
No you donot need visa. Duration of exemption is 15 days.
25. Does Russian need visa to enter Vietnam?
No. You donot as you are exempted from Vietnamese visa for 15 days. See also list here
26. Vietnam and how to get a visa on arrival and are they safe?
It is very safe to get Vietnam the visa on arrival and it is fast, convenient as well nowadays. What you need is just apply it via a travel agent then they will guide you thothoughly.
27. Do European Union citizens need visa to Vietnam?
Except countries Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway, all other countries need visa to enter Vietnam.
28. Can I extend visa Vietnam?
Answer is yes. First check your previous visa then see about information and cost here to decide.
29. Can I get passport sized photos in Vietnam?
Service is available in the cities. If you forgot to bring with you to do visa procedure at airport then you can take on spot at the Immigration.
30. I will arrive Vietnam from Cambodia how to get tourist visa?
You will get your visa upon arrival airports (Saigon/Tan Son Nhat or Hanoi/Noi Bai) or Danang. Please note, you cannot get Vietnam visa if you donot arrive either of the airports specified above. Arrange your visa in advance with one you trust and don’t expect to get it like what you did while entering Cambodia.
31. Where to extend Vietnam visa in Ho Chi Minh?
Anywhere in Vietnam you are staying, just give us an email or call us (84) (4) 39 747543 for your request then we will send our service staff to collect your original passport to process the extension. You donot need to pay in advance but upon receiving your extended visa stamp. Please review the procedure and cost here.
32. Countries that cannot apply Vietnam visa?
Regret but we cannot do visa service for the citizenship listed below Iran Iraq Nigeria Saudi Arabia Pakistan Jordan United Arab Emirates Lebanon Bangladesh Sri Lanka Malawi Palestine Tunisia
33. Do Australian citizens need Vietnam visa?
Yes you do. Procedure is here
34. Forgot to get a visa for Vietnam?
If you donot have it then you are not permitted to board the flight into Vietnam. In such urgency, please contact us immediately on our 24hour service phone: +84 979819575
35. Do you have to have a flight to get a Vietnamese visa?
Normally NO but you should have your flight later on the same date of entry. If you fly earlier than the date you are approved to enter Vietnam then your visa does not valid – please remember this.
36. How many days to get a Vietnam visa?
We do not know how much you do at the Embassies but with us, it is 2 to 3 working days. Urgent service is in 1 working day.
37. How safe is Vietnam visa online?
It is safe, fast, convenient, cost and time saving. The importance is you to decide the most suitable online payment to be the safest way.
38. I am a dual citizen (Sweden/Australia) and I have recently got married – I will be visiting Vietnam using my Australian passport as this is in my new name, however, since I have an older EU/Swedish passport in my pre-marriage name, does that mean I do not need to apply for a visa (Sweden exempt)? I will be travelling with a certified marriage certificate so this will verify the name change (question from Mette Parkinson Gilligan, Australia) Vietnam does not accept dual citizen so if you travel by what passport, you will need a visa based on that passport. In this case, even you have a certificate of Swedish original but you are using an Australian passport to enter and later exit Vietnam, you will need a Vietnam visa for sure. You won’t need a visa (15 day exempt) if you use now Swedish passport.
39. Can I get a Vietnam visa in Cambodia, Australian passport?
You can get anywhere when you are connected to the internet world! You can do the so called ‘visa on arrival’ system. Simply find for reputable agency in Vietnam and fill in the requested form, settle payment and they will send you a Letter of Approval enabling you to get stamped at airport on arrival. Please note, you must obtain a Letter of Approval in advance otherwise you are not allowed even the boarding into your plane. Alternatively, you can go to Vietnam Embassy in Cambodia to have your visa there. They will tell you what exactly to do.
40. What does the letter mean in the Vietnam Visa?
The Letter, in other word, is the Letter of Approval – a document issued by Vietnam Department of Immigration (A18) to certify that you are accepted to get Vietnam visa on arrival at airports (either Hanoi, Danang or Ho Chi Minh City). Without this letter, you can’t have visa and you will have to return to your original departure. Make sure you have this before flying. In case of emergency, please refer to our urgent service here
41. Is it okay to get a Vietnam visa online?
Yes, it is completely ok and you will save your time queuing at embassies and the like. Apart from exempted countries here, you have to make sure you have a valid visa and doing online now is very popular.
42. How many days should you wait to get your travel visa before travelling to Vietnam?
You should have it as early as possible when you fix your traveling or business plan to avoid emergency which costs you alot. However, you can do your visa one week prior to your travelling date.
43. Can I get into Vietnam for a visit with just my passport?
It will depend greatly on what nationality are you. If you are in this exempted list then you donot need a visa then a valid passport is fine, no problem. In case of not, then you need a visa, of course. Service is here.
44. Arrival in Vietnam Hanoi airport visa not valid until next day?
Some officers may allow this but it is not 100% sure. Thus, the best way is to obtain a new visa on arrival as soon as possible to avoid trouble. Service is here.
45. If I have a working visa in Vietnam can I bring my family?
You of course yes but with one condition your family member must have a valid visa too.
46. Can go to Vietnam passport valids less 3 months?
This will depend
a) If you have already a valid Vietnam visa into your passport and the validity of your visa does not override the validity of your passport then it is ok or,
b) If you donot have a visa yet and you are going to ask for the ‘visa on arrival’ this is NOT possible as the Immigration requires, at least, your passport with 6 month validity.
47. What happens Vietnam arrive without visa?
You will not be able to board your flight. In case of luckiness, you are accepted by airlines to board but when you arrive at airports, they will send you back! Immagine this will be a big trouble and lost. Thus, always remember to have a valid Vietnam visa in hand. These days, however, you even donot have to go to Embassy for it, you apply the visa on arrival but remember you NEED a prearranged document from travel agent in order to get it done on arrival. Without this letter, you will either have to pay alot or go back your original destination.
48. Can you get a visa for Hanoi at airport?
Yes, you can and for one letter of approval, you can enter either Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) or Danang airport.
49. I already have a visa for entry into Vietnam on the 15th of October 2009. ( I’m a US citizen), however I mistakenly booked a flight that arrives at 10 pm on the 14th. Will they still let me in? since technically it would be valid two hours after I arrive? Could I get a visa upon arrival for those two hours? Basically this 2 hour ahead the actual entry date is no problem but there are maybe some officers (who on their duty when you arrive) would not accept. In this case, please do a. Try to talk with him and persuade then it is ok or, b. If you applied visa on arrival with a company in Vietnam before then email them to ask them to leave Immigration a note that you would arrive 2 hours ahead of the actual entry date or, c. Reapply a new one which does not cost you too much (US$20) within 2 working days so before 15 Oct, you will have a new visa.
50. Can I get Vietnam visa now and use next month?
Yes and you can use it anytime depending on the date of your entry and you can have visa many months in advance. Remember your visa date of entry and the length of your visa.
51. Vietnam exit visa?
Yes we can Standard processing time is 2-3 working days but some exceptions can be done within 4 hours time You need to prepare the following documents – A new passport – A Police report – A Letter from your Embassy (original document with stamp of Embassy in Vietnamese writing & another copy can be done in your mother language) – A copy of your airfare The cost of this service will depend how fast you would like to have thus, call us +84979819575 or simply email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
52. Do i need a visa for Vietnam if i don’t leave the airport?
No, you dont but make sure you donot exit the airport just waiting some hours before connecting with your flight.
53. What if there are many other people I donot know on the approval letter?
Don’t be alarmed if there are other people’s names on the letter (it is common for agents to make bulk applications and all applicants’ names are printed on the one letter) but do make sure that your surname, given names and required entry / exit dates are 100% correct. You will not be allowed to enter Vietnam before the entry date shown.The approval letter is valid at any of the three named airports but cannot be used at any land border crossing.
54. What happened with visa stamp fee at airport?
You must pay in cash (no change given) in Dong or U.S. Dollar notes in good condition. It’s not necessary to have really brand new notes.
55. What’s the matter if other person’s name on my Visa On Arrival Letter, is it normal?
YES. It is normal. The most important thing is your passport information has been correctly listed. You need to bring all pages of visa approval letter to board your flight & get stamp upon arrival.
56. Do we need to apply a transit visa if having some hours to connect next international flight?
YES, you need to apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival, even some hours waiting at the airport or don’t go through to the city. Transit visa is no longer valid
57. Exempted Vietnam visa at Phu Quoc international airport?
YES, if your whole stay is less than 30 days and: + arrived from an international direct flight to Phu Quoc airport (SiemReap-PhuQuoc, or Singapore-PhuQuoc) + on the expired date (less than 30 days expired): you take an international direct flight from PhuQuoc airport (not transit via any airport in Vietnam) – No need Vietnam visa you take an international flight from Phu Quoc (having a transit at any airport in Vietnam) – Need Vietnam Visa.